myspace layouts images




Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hoo-Haa of the Day

Haizz... i think i've made a Big Joke of myself for the day... or probably a week?

This loooooong story started with my new toy, yes... W960i. Okie, so far the phone is working fine BUT i'm really not so happy with it's camera performance as i felt the 'Flash' (which apparently i found out W960 has the LED light that turns on and it's not Xenon flash like a real camera and what is on the K790/K800 and K850i) is extremely glaring.

So much so that it affects my vision after shooting as it'll take approximately 4 seconds for the camera to 'snap' due to the autofocus and meaning i've got to stare at the glaring light for 4 seconds every shot. AND my priority to get a 3.2 mg px camera phone was that i need not bring my camera along everytime... :(

Though all other functions of this phone works perfectly well, the phone camera kinda disturbs me no matter how hard i tried to 'convince' myself. So i decided to call up Singtel and request for an exchange of phone.

Conversation of 'Demanding' 5.0 vs CSO
CSO: May i know the reason why you would like to change the phone?
5.0: The camera is fine but i've got a problem with the phone camera as the flash is extremely glaring and it kinda hurt/affects our eye. Problem is that i can't turn off the flash as it will mean as good as not taking picture - the quality is pretty bad without flash on.

CSO: *Giggling* But.. i'm sorry i don't think we can change a phone for you as your HP is working well
5.0: But the thing is that... i paid for the phone as a whole & if i'm unable to change, it gotta mean that i will be wasting my $$ which i've paid for

CSO: *Still giggling* I'm really sorry, because your reasons are..... *Giggles* I mean, the phone is working well.
(Pissed by the way he talk... so rude! so my next reply was.....)
5.0: Can i speak to your manager?!
(Oh man.. i can't believe i said that but this guy is getting on my nerve - i sounded like a 'typical Singaporean complain queen')

Anyway, i spoke to the supervisor-in-charge who was so much patient and helped me with my request. While waiting for the approval call - i told Tissue Lady, Evil Jojo & Meanie about this and they all laughed like mad.... All of them were saying, "Xerene, it's call "FLASH LIGHT" and it's meant to be BRIGHT. So i ask them to all take a picture so they can understand 'how i feel'.

Some say Ok while others say... it's bright lah but still bearable. Only one that supports me... LORRaINe!! She agrees! Anyway, here is my defending picture (picture speaks a thousand word)! Loooook!


i really hate starring this for like 4/5 seconds.........


I admit i probably am pretty 'demanding' about this but....... i really can't settle for something which i feel it's not right (typical virgo). Not too long, the supervisor from Singtel called me and told me that my request was approved *Happie was i*

I also told my friend whom i purchased the phone from about this too... and he send a sms to me, "Yeap, i saw the email le". OMG, i suddenly felt soooo embarrass cos i bet the staffs at the outlet whom read this email will laugh and curse me - this person must be crazy.. Flash 'too bright'.

Sigh... Can i defend my point again? Flash or LED light being BRIGHT is perfectly fine if only you DO NOT need to stare at it continuously for like 4 seconds or more.

Immediately during evening, i asked Mr. G to accompany me to Vivo to take alook at the available handphone models. Search, search & search......... I really can't find any phone that i like!! HELP... my deadline is Friday.

None that i like.. K850i (Great! but outlook Sucks!)


In the end after dinner & discussion with G, he has agreed to take over the phone as camera is not that crucial for him. Well, of cos he did 'nag' me as me always have the tendancy of buying stuffs and 'regret' after it - Good example will be my Sony T10 which lasted me for less than half a year.

Now that i have to go back to Singtel about my decision & yes............... i kinda feel 'embarrass' about this whole Flash Hoo-Haa thingy :(

2 comments:

Johnny Ong said...

well, at least u were happy that u did it....hehe

Xer said...

Hee.... yeah johnny, in a way, i am kinda happy tat i seek for alternatives, at least... but guess i prob might be 'blacklisted' now.. ;p