myspace layouts images




Thursday, October 13, 2011

Our Second Stop - Turku, Finland

Bidded goodbye to Germany happily (you will know why shortly) as we headed towards Finland.

I was expecting Turku to be a quiet and peaceful city; well somehow boring in my thoughts and was prepared to stay in the hotel room for full 3 days as hubby goes for his work meeting. To my surprise, the place we are staying - Sokos Hotel Hamburger Börs is surrounded by many many shops and departmental stores *Great!*

About Germany: We shopped mainly during our stay at Frankfurt city, focusing at Goethestrasse aka Frankfurt’s ‘Fifth Avenue’. A street where women will love, i think :) You can find almost all the brands you want there, from LV to Pradra to Chanel, Miu Miu, Hermes, Cartier, Tiffany etc

And yes yes, i left Germany happily cos hubby got me a Chanel bag there! Hee hee... At times i do ask myself, "Why do women love bags, especially those that cost so much?" Some call it materialistic, some say its silly but who cares as long as you like them. Guys do love expensive cars and watches too, don't they? :) Simply unexplainable.

Any way, back to my first Chanel purchase experience. When we went into the store, the SA told us there was only one classic flap jumbo in store, which is in black. I also spotted the patent black classic flap but it is only available in mid size. Contemplating if i should buy or wait? Size vs Material? For the high price, i couldn't really make up my mind as my ideal choice would be a metallic or patent in jumbo size. So a little disappointed, we stepped out of the store, continued our shopping and went for a cup of Nespresso coffee along the street.

I guessed during the coffee session, hubby knew my mind was all about the bag (or probably written all over my face, hee hee). He then said, "You like the bag right? If you can decide and really like it, then buy it." So we finished up our coffee (quickly, hee) and he brought me back to the store. What can i say but to give a BIG BIG hug & kiss for my dearest G ~ Thanks dearie for the bag & belt. Hee, yups got a LV belt too. Okie no more gifts for the year *zipped*

Well i'm not the only one shopping, hubby got quite a lot of stuffs too and 2 gifts from me :D
He commented, "Wow, good exchange ya... 1 cufflink and jacket in exchange for a belt and bag!" Geezz...


Our room in Hilton Frankfurt


Strolling along the street
 
 
 
H&M is everywhere


Drizzling....
 
 
Only manage to pop by LV, all others were closed
 
 
Next morning, all charged - Ready for shopping, heee...
Apparently all shops in Germany close on Sunday so Saturday was the only day we could shop before leaving the city on Monday
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Enjoying Hot Cup of Coffee
 
 
 
Happy Hubby getting gift for Wife, hahaha... (one-sided thoughts)
 
 
 
Yippies! Thank you Hubby!!

 
 
The restroom in Chanel store
 
 
Happy or Not Happy? *Bleh*
 
 
Unveiling my Gift


The SA says she will be doing a special packaging for me... Hmm, just dust bag different i reckon?



My First Chanel - Classic Flap Jumbo in Black Lambskin *Love it*



We arrived Turku - Only walked for less than 5 minutes and asked Mr. G to turn back, it's tooo cold


Market Squaure infront of our hotel
 
 
2nd Night in Turku - Hubby brought me to candle light dinner to try their famous Reindeer Meat :)
 
 
 
Popping Snails :)
 
 
Tomorrow we'll be heading to our last destination, Helsinki, before flying back home. The weather here in Finland is really cold and windy, we kinda miss the hot and sunny little island :)

No comments: